Support the Campaign
Get Involved Today!
Be a part of the movement to get us Rail For The Valley.
The success of this campaign has come from people like you getting involved.
By writing letters and pressuring the politicians, passenger rail is closer than ever to being realized,
and all of it has been achieved through email and the internet.
1. Join the campaign by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org and put “subscribe” in the subject line. (To unsubscribe, put “unsubscribe” in the subject line.) It takes so little effort to make a difference.
2. Email us your thoughts and ideas: send an email to email@example.com.
3. Write a Letter to the Editor: Take a look at all these letters that have already been printed in the papers. It’s easy to do, and when we all do it, it makes people stand up and notice.
4. Contact your political representatives, at all three levels of government. You may be presented with arguments against rail. Many of these arguments are dealt with in the Myths & Facts section of this website. Please be persistent! The more politicians hear about this issue, the more likely something will get done.
5. Join our Rail for the Valley facebook page, and our original facebook group: The Fraser Valley needs passenger rail service NOW! When something happens, pass along news of our campaign to all your social networks.
6. Be a part of the Rail For The Valley STICKER CAMPAIGN (click here) – Just imagine driving down the highway in traffic and seeing RAIL FOR THE VALLEY on every third car…
7. Join Rail for the Valley – Creative Cats. We need buttons, we need t-shirts, we need posters, we need banners, we need artwork, we need music, we need bumper stickers, we need a sense of humour, we need slogans, we need to get creative! Sign on here and get involved in the creative campaign. You don’t need permission, to make it happen.
8. Become a member of the Friends Of Rail For The Valley Society. Please help us reach out to people and businesses in our communities who support passenger rail!
9. Donate today. We can do a lot, with a little.
Surrey Mayor Dianne Watts: “South of the Fraser, we want at-grade light rail. You see it all over the world.” (link)
Show Your Support for Passenger Rail!
Buy one or buy many. Due to popular demand, stickers now come in two styles: orange and blue. Prices: $2 per sticker, + $2 total shipping and handling, (ie. 4 stickers would cost $10.) Pay securely by credit card through PayPal. All proceeds go to the Rail for the Valley campaign.
These are 3×10 inch, high-quality weather-resistant stickers, suitable as bumper stickers. Ideal for cars, walls, binders, or…. the mouth of any nay-saying politician! Imagine driving down the highway in traffic and seeing RAIL FOR THE VALLEY on every third car…
(Rail for the Valley is not a registered charity, so we can not issue tax receipts.)
Your support is much appreciated!